heading
 


Covering Platte County, Missouri Weekly Since 1865

Legal Notices
The official Platte County Legal Newspaper! Platte
County Foreclosures

Between the Lines
by Ivan Foley

 

The Rambling Moron
by Chris Kamler

The Right Stuff
by James Thomas

Straight from Stigall
by Chris Stigall

Parallax Look
by Brian Kubicki

KC Confidential
by Hearne Christopher

Off the Couch
by Greg Hall

Classifieds

Advertising

Subscriptions


Weekly publication dates are Wednesdays

252 Main Street0
P
P.O. Box 410
Platte City, Missouri 64079
816-858-0363

Fax :816-858-2313

TO CONTACT US
by email
Click Here!
or
by phone
816.858.0363


Contact Lawmakers
by Congress
Click here to:
Find Federal Officials &
Find State Officials


2-20-13


Home damaged by fire
Thousand Oaks blaze started on deck

by Ivan Foley
Landmark editor

Smoke could be seen for miles from a large fire at 6390 NW Nevada in Parkville in the late afternoon on Friday.

Crews battled the large blaze at the home, which county records indicate is owned by George C. and Rebecca E. Clark in the Thousand Oaks subdivision.

The fire was reported shortly after 5 p.m. Flames were seen coming out of the roof and the back of the home, with smoke billowing out of the roof. Portions of the back and side of the home were badly damaged.

Dean Cull, fire marshal with the South Platte Fire Protection District, said the fire of undetermined origin started on the deck of the home.

“Fire was rolling up the side of the house. The (homeowner) saw the fire from the kitchen window shortly after arriving home,” he said.

The occupants of the home, which included Mr. and Mrs. Clark and two middle school aged girls who were upstairs, made it out of the home uninjured, Cull said.

About an hour after it was reported, most of the blaze had been knocked down by firefighters.

Cull said it was the fourth deck fire in the last two years in the South Platte district. Deck fires are often caused by discarded cigarette butts, he said.

“Decks are very dry this time of year,” Cull noted.

House fire
Photo by Deana Poston-Seibold