Platte County Landmark
 


Covering Platte County, Missouri Weekly Since 1865

Legal Notices
The official Platte County Legal Newspaper!

Local News

Between the Lines
by Ivan Foley

Off the Couch
by Greg Hall

Off the Wall
by CK Rairden

Parallax Look
by Brian Kubicki

Cinnamon toast
by Dave Kinnamon

Letters to the Editor
"Send Your Letter"
Classifieds
Advertising

Subscriptions

Post your thoughts on any topic! TalkBack


Weekly publication dates are Thursdays

TO CONTACT US
by email
Click Here!
or
by phone
816.858.0363



 
Featured Advertisers
 

Contact Lawmakers
by Congress
Click here to:
Find Federal Officials &
Find State Officials

      10-24-08  

 

 

 

 

 

NEAR TRAVELODGE
Propane explosion injures man

by Alan McArthur
Landmark reporter

An accidental propane explosion occurred at the Travelodge along Prairie View Road in Platte City on Monday, Oct. 13.

The explosion happened around 7:30 p.m. in the trailer lot behind the motel.

According to Richard Sayles, police chief, James Raymond Gooch, 32, of Sedalia, was attempting to cook dinner on a propane stove and could not figure out why the stove was not warming up. The police report says the man figured out after a few minutes that the stove was not lit and attempted to light the stove. The propane caught fire and exploded burning Gooch's arms, face and hands.

According to Sayles, NRAD was called but he was unsure whether the man was taken to the hospital.

The report stated Gooch had hair on his chest, face, head, and arms singed.

RELATED STORIES:


 
 

All Rights Reserved. The material on this web site may not be published, broadcast, or redistributed without the permission of The Landmark.